Monday, May 24, 2010
For two people
1) A little piece of ginger
2) 7-8 cloves of garlic
3) 2 green chillies
4) A little oil
5) Pav bhaji masala to taste
7) Hing to taste
8) Salt to taste
9) Lemon juice to taste
10)Turmeric powder to taste
11) Coriander leaves, finely chopped
12) Tomatoes (finely chopped)
13) Capsicum (finely chopped)
14) Onion (finely chopped)
15) Green peas (half boiled)
16) Potatoes (half boiled and finely chopped)
17) Beans (half boiled)
18) Cabbage (finely chopped)
19) Cauliflower florets (half boiled)
20) Carrot (half boiled and finely chopped)
21) A little red chilli powder to taste (optional)
22) 2 cups rice (boiled)
1) Grind the ginger, garlic and green chillies to a paste.
2) Heat some oil in a kadhai and add rai. Allow it to splutter. Add the hing.
3) Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for a while.
4) Add the tomatoes and cook till a little soft.
5) Add all the vegetables and mix well. Add water in required quantity.
6) Add salt, chilli powder (if needed), pav bhaji masala and turmeric powder to taste. Mix well and cook for a while.
7) When it is almost done, add the lemon juice to taste. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.