Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Paneer Bhurjee

I have taken it upon myself to revive this blog once more, and so I am back with something that I tried out in the kitchen recently and loved. It has been a really long time since an update happened here. Not that I haven't cooked at all during this time, but never got around to updating this blog. Hopefully, updates here will happen more frequently.

I always used to love Paneer Bhurjee at friends' places and in restaurants, but never tried it out. A couple of days back, I did and loved the result. Here's the recipe, highly customised to the family taste. I would love to know what variations you made, in case you try this out, and how it turned out.





Ingredients (for 2 people):

100 gm paneer (grated)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 capsicum (finely chopped)
2 medium sized tomatoes (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Garam Masala to taste
Sugar to taste
Chilli powder to taste
A little turmeric powder
A little oil
Hing powder to taste
Cumin seeds

Method:

1) Heat a little oil in a kadhai and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
2) Add the hing powder.
3) Add the finely chopped onions and cook for a while.
4) Add the tomatoes and cook for a while, adding a little water.
5) Add the capsicum, salt, garam masala, sugar and turmeric powder to taste. Cook for a while.
6) Add the grated paneer and mix well. Cook for a while. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.

Can be eaten with rotis.

No comments: