Friday, January 28, 2011
Oats Vegetable Idli
I found this recipe on Monika's blog, and knew I had to try it out. I did so, a couple of days back, and the result was YUMMY. Everyone at home loved the idlis. What's more - it's very simple and easy to make, and healthy as well.
Here's the recipe, reproduced from her blog, with a few little changes:
1. Oats – 1 1/2 cups
2. Rawa – 1/2cup
3. Mix veggies – 1 cup (Grated carrots, chopped onions and boiled peas)
4. Sour Curds – 2 cup
5. Corainder leaves – a handful
6. Curry leaves – 6-7
7. Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
8. Chana dal – 1 tsp
9. Urad dal – 1 tsp
10. Oil – 1 tsp
11. Eno Fruit Salt – 1 tsp
1. Mix oats, rawa and curds and keep aside for 30 minutes
2. Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds
3. When they crack add curry leaves, channa dal and urad dal
4. Fry till it turns light brown in color
5. Add the tempering to the oats mixture.
6. Add the veggies and salt to taste and mix well.
7. Grease the idly mould and keep them ready.
8. Add the Eno and pour the batter in the moulds immediately.
9. Steam for about 15 minutes and your idlis are ready!
Thanks for the awesome recipe, Monika! :)