This is a very simple recipe that I love. Learnt after a lot of trials and tribulations. :)
1.Slices of sandwich bread
2. Chaat masala to taste
3. 1 medium sized potato
4. 1 medium sized tomato
5. 1 medium sized cucumber
6. 1 medium sized beetroot
8. A few green chillies
9. Tomato ketchup to taste
1. Grind the green chillies to a paste and keep aside.
2. Boil the potato and beetroot separately.
3. Cut the boiled potatoes and beetroot, cucumber and tomato into round-shaped pieces separately.
4. On one slice of bread, apply the green chillies paste.
5. Lay it on a flat board and arrange some boiled potato slices on it. Arrange some beetroot slices on top of it. On top of that, arrange some cucumber and tomato slices.
6. Add some tomato ketchup on the vegetables, to taste.
7. Sprinkle some chaat masala on the ketchup, to taste.
8. Spread some butter on another slice of bread, and lay it on top of the sandwich, covering it.
9. Cut into small slices and serve.
1. Can also be grilled on a tawa or sandwich maker.
2. Sev (omapidi) can also be sprinkled over the vegetables before closing the sandwich with the second bread slice.