Sunday, September 12, 2010
I had these black grapes that the better half got, which turned out to be extremely sour. I decided to try out something new with the sour grapes, and to my surprise, it turned out amazingly well. Everyone loved it!! Sour grapes are not so bad, after all! :)
I am submitting this entry for the Complete My Thali Contest at Jagruti's blog!
A bowl of seedless red grapes (if they are with seeds, de-seed them)
Salt to taste
A piece of ginger
2 green chillies
Hing to taste
Sugar to taste
Methi seeds to taste
Oil for tadka
Turmeric powder to taste
1) Grind the grapes in a mixer to a paste, without adding water.
2) Remove the peel from the ginger. Grind the ginger and green chillies to a paste in mixer.
3) In a pan, heat some oil. Add hing powder, methi seeds and mustard seeds. Allow the mustard seeds to splutter.
4) Add the green chillies-ginger paste and cook for a while.
5) When it starts changing colour, add the grapes paste.
6) Add salt, sugar and turmeric powder to taste.
7) Cook it on low flame,stirring well, till the paste starts to thicken. Take off from gas when cooked well.
Tastes well with parotas, chappatis and rice items.